General Fishery Rules
- A valid ticket MUST be purchased at the office before fishing commences.
- All anglers must enter the catch, even nil returns, in order to assist in stocking management.
- No shared rods, except by management permission, for tuition purposes.
- Children must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult.
- Unless invited, no angler may encroach on another. Minimum distance 15 yards.
- Landing nets of suitable size, must be carried.
- Max. hook size No.8 barbed. Dressed length not to exceed 1.5 inches or 40mm.
- Avington Trout Fishery will not be responsible for any personal injuries, illness or losses however caused. Purchase of this ticket constitutes acceptance of these terms.
- STRICTLY NO CATCH and RELEASE.
- Fly fishing only, wet or dry, single fly no droppers. Max. hook size No.8 barbed.
- Breaking strain of leader to be 6lb min.
- Please DO NOT DISCARD NYLON, either take it away with you or cut up into very small pieces. Discarded nylon is directly responsible for the maiming and death of wildlife.
- The management reserves the right to retain any potential record fish which will be mounted and displayed. Captor will be compensated.
Itchen Carrier Rules
- CATCH and RELEASE ONLY. All fish, whether trout, grayling or coarse to be returned.
- Dry fly or nymph, single fly, upstream.
- No wading under any circumstances.
- Maximum hook size No.10 short shank barbless only.
- Remember these are wild fish and must be handled carefully.